Deaf Advisory Committee
Goals/tasks of the group are mainly in terms of being a resource to the organization and sharing and exchange of information about ASL and the Deaf Community.
Committee: Council members serve 2 year terms and they can serve up to 3 consecutive terms.
Primary Qualifications (must meet three):
- Chair should be a member in good standing of FRID.
- Be willing to attend conference calls and face-to-face meetings each year.
- Be accessible and work cooperatively with the FRID Board.
- Have e-mail access and respond in a timely manner as the bulk of work is done via e-mail.
- Be willing to commit to serving a full two-year term.
- Knowledgeable about and experience with Deaf culture and American Sign Language as a native or near-native user.
- Bilingual, knowledge of hearing/deaf culture.
- Have demonstrated investment in the history of FRID/RID and/or other associated organizations (e.g.FAD/NAD,ASLTA, FASLTA).
- Affirm commitment to enhancing the future of FRID/RID and /or other associated organizations (e.g. FAD/NAD,ASLTA, FASLTA).
Secondary Qualifications (must meet a minimum of one of the following three criteria):
- Certified Deaf interpreter.
- Deaf interpreter who has at least 4 years of experience.
- A member in good standing with RID/FRID.
- A member in good standing with associated organizations such as FAD or NAD.
- Leadership skills/experience.
- Former or current member of any state or national board or national committee of FRID/RID or associated organizations.
- Members seeking appointment are asked to submit a copy of their resume and a letter of interest.
Number of members: 3-5
Vice-President of External Affairs
Click here to submit an application (member login required)